Welcome to the Fire Prevention Division. This division operates as part of Evesham Fire-Rescue. Deputy Chief Scott Freedman is the supervisor in charge of the Fire Prevention Division. In addition, he maintains the position of Evesham Township Fire Marshal/Fire Official and Fire Sub Code Official.
His duties and the duties of the inspectors assigned to this division include: enforcement of the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code, conducting fire investigations, plan reviews in accordance with the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and performing New Jersey Uniform Construction Code Inspections.
In addition to enforcement duties, the fire prevention division also conducts fire prevention and public education programs, which includes CPR training, a visit to every school in Evesham Township each year, coordination of the Kids Safety Camps and Citizens Fire Academy, and management of the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program.
Homeowner and Cooking Vendor Information:
The Fire Prevention Division frequently receives inquires regarding Fire Permits, Open Burning Regulations, Cooking Vendor requirements and Tent requirements. To better serve residents and vendors, we have included access to forms and fact sheets on these specific topics and the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code below.
- Evesham Fire Safety Permit Application
- Evesham Open Burning Regulations
- Evesham Outdoor Cooking and Vendor Guidelines
- Evesham Tent and Canopy Guidelines
- New Jersey Uniform Fire Code
Business Owners and Contractors:
This information is being provided as a reference for all Evesham Township Business Owners/Occupants and all fire protection contractors who conduct business in Evesham Township.
If your business or occupancy contains a FIRE ALARM SYSTEM, SPRINKLER SYSTEM, STANDPIPE SYSTEM, FIRE PUMP or COOKING HOOD SUPPRESSION SYSTEM you must have each of these systems inspected and tested annually (cooking hood systems every 6 months). A copy of the test form and results MUST be mailed, emailed to email@example.com or faxed to our office within 48 hours of the test being completed.
Contact information for our office is located below. ADDITIONALLY, COPIES OF ALL INSPECTION REPORTS MUST BE LEFT IN THE ALARM/SPRINKLER ROOM. INSPECTION REPORTS FOR HOOD SUPRESSION SYSTEM MUST BE LEFT WITH THE BUSINESS MANAGER.
Fire Extinguishers must also be maintained annually. The tag or seal which is affixed to each extinguisher by your service contractor is acceptable as proof of service. Extinguishers tagged outside of the 1 year date range at time of inspection will result in a failure for the inspection.
The Request For Time Extension Form is also located below and can be filed by businesses requesting an extension so that they may correct fire code violations. There is no fee for an extension, but one must be filed within 15 days of the date of inspection, through our online Extension Request Form; you will receive a written reply if the extension is granted.
- Evesham Fire-Rescue Business Registration Form
- State of New Jersey Life Hazard Use Form
- Evesham Request for Time Extension Form
- Evesham Emergency Light Log Form
- Evesham Fire Watch Procedures and Forms
- Evesham Fire Lane Specifications
- State of NJ Truss Sign Spec
- Evesham NFPA72 Alarm Test Form
- Evesham NFPA25 Sprinkler Test Form
- Evesham Standpipe and Hose Cabinet Test Form
Providing Quality Fire and Emergency Medical Services to Evesham Township Residents and Visitors
Knox Box Entry System Information:
The State of NJ Uniform Fire Code and the Code of Evesham require a method for fire department access to buildings equipped with fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems. Evesham Fire-Rescue relies on the Knox Entry System. When equipping your building with a Knox Box, please adhere to the following guidelines. If in doubt, please call us with any questions.
You can order your Knox Box from the Knox Company by clicking HERE
- Knox Entry System are to be keyed to “Evesham Fire Department, Zip Code 08053” and System Code PS-41-0064-12-87
- Knox Boxes must be installed nearest to the main entrance of a building, at 6′ height or below from the grade plane.
- The Knox Box may be of hinged-door type or removable door type and can be recessed or flush mount. Our preference is one of the 3200 Series models. The models are product number 32XX, where the XX respresents the model and color. Examples of the 3200 series are to the right.
- No tamper switch is needed, unless you as the building owner would like to wire the tamper to your alarm system. Quite honestly, this becomes problematic because an alarm or trouble signal will sound when we access the Knox box.
Fire Prevention Division
984 Tuckerton Road
Evesham, NJ 08053
Email the Fire Marshal HERE